5 Funniest Green Moments of 2011
Who says environmentalists don’t have a sense of humor? Below, we have gathered just five of the funniest moments involving something green for 2011 although there were many, many others….
Check them out to see which your favorite is.
- ILVTOFU – One woman’s quest to express her love of tofu backfired in 2011. While seeking to get this as her license plate, the authorities read something else. For explicit language, the state of Colorado had to deny her request for this vanity plate.
- It doesn’t have to hit the fan – This zoo sign was apparently put up when too many visitors complained of getting a certain substance splattered all over them. No word as to whether or not the hippos were doing it on purpose.
- Aging Activist – This comic strip goes through the seven stages every activist goes through in a humorous, yet true manner. Bonus points for double-use of superhero. You can also read more funny green strips from Joe Mohr here.
- The Ultimate Recycler – What funny list would be complete without an entry from “The New Yorker?” It depicts the ultimate recycler making the ultimate sacrifice.
- Who is the 1%? – The OWS movement brought new attention to the richest one percent of the population, but apparently they have been around for 23 years. Check out this cartoon to meet their spokesman and get his take on what to do about protestors.
Shelly Mirriam is a science student and also writes for Masters in Environmental Science which helps students find the right environmental science degree.